Monday, September 25, 2006

champagne might be the devil...

I'm not quite positive on that yet but i'm pretty sure. Yesterday my day was spend recovering from trying to keep up with Jeff's boss' wife on Sat night.
They took us out to dinner and before we even left there house we had polished off 2 bottles of Moet. Dinner was at Oceanfront 21 (i think that was the name of the place....memories are still a little foggy) in Newport and it was awesome but then.....oh lord. The grossest 2 dive bars in the world - The Beach Ball and The Class of 47 (where i am sad to say that Jeff and I used to regulars and i'm sure glad those days are over) where many vodka containing drinks were consumed. Leslie (the boss' wife) is a mad woman but she's so much fun.
Jeff and Rick just watched us wild women in action and made sure we didn't get into trouble.
Yesterday we had to go do the HB rounds of family visits. Since we live in tha bario we go to them, they don't come to us. Plus James & Lisa (bro-in-law & his wife) were down from Ventura so it was nice to see them.
By the time we finally got home last night i planted myself on the couch and tried to finish the one skeins worth of knitting that i have to do before i can sew together the remainder of my Jess coat and i couldn't even follow the stitch pattern. I knit a few rows, realized the were wrong, ripped them out, tried again, failed misserably and gave up. My brain just wasn't functioning AT ALL.
What a loooong, too-much-fun filled weekend it's been! I feel tons better today and have a busy week ahead of me!

1 comment:

zona said...

Ugh... apparently my brain isn't fully functioning since it looks like i have no command whats so ever on the english language today.
Please excuse me.